Sunday, October 26, 2014

Shane Filan Manila 2014

 
So last year I had a dream came to life. I just met my long time celebrity crush, Shane Filan, nbd. I got to touch and shook his precious hand, yeah lame.
 
Sept 2013 at The Podium for his promo album tour.
Haha! Well, I had another chance to meet him again when he visit Manila for he 2nd time as solo artist last June 2014 to promote his solo concert on October 1 at the World Trade Center Manila. I went to his mall tour at the SM Megamall and had my copy of his album signed by him. It was just like last year, he signed the album cover, hand shake and I went off. Disappointed. I was actually expecting more than before since the Hongkong fans, Shane last stop before he arrived in Manila, had some few minutes with him. At least a minute. They had a moment of exchanging some words, they even got a chance to have a selfie with him! So i thought wow maybe they will let us give chance to spend at least more than a minute with Shane during the autograph session. Sadly, a brief of shaking hands we're given due to number of fans waiting in queue. Same, same last year. Event staffs can be such a killer joy.



 
 
My concert ticket ^__^
 
Fast forward, I went to Shane's first ever solo concert at the World Trade Center in Pasay. It was raining haaaard while I'm on my way! I spent 250php for the taxi due to traffic. I thought I would never make it cos I was late. I arrived at the venue around 8:45 when the scheduled concert should start at 8:00pm. They probably saw almost half of the VIP seats we're unoccupied, they thought fans are late due to heavy rain so they moved the showtime to 9:00pm. I think another reason is the concert is aint sold out. Lack of promotion, I guess. But I knew it because I have been seeing the availability of seats before the concert in SM ticketnet and it was selling so slow. So when I arrived at the WTC, I was shaking due to cold. Darn I forgot to bring jacket. Then I saw two people selling Shane Filan tshirt outside and theyre from AddicTeev. I've been eyeing on their Shane Filan tshirt products cos of their unique style of printing, thankfully they went to sell and I bought one shirt at discounted price :) It was their last piece though and it's large but I wore it anyway. I like it. So I was wearing the shirt throughout the show.


My favorite shirt :)
 
 
Klarisse De Guzman of The Voice Philippines is Shane's opening act. She was Shane's bet during the The Voice Philippines when he was a guest at the final show last year. Later, they duet for Flying Without Wings and got kiss from Shane more than twice. Lucky lady. Another one lucky for that night is Rosel, a friend from fan club, when she got called by Shane on stage and sang Mandy for her. And got a selfie session! I was happy for her and jealous at the same time. haha! Why cant I just be as lucky as her? lol
 
It was a great night. Shane is a total performer, he  kept his connection with the fans throughout the show. His band are great, as well. Fans went nostalgic when he preformed hits from his former band, Westlife. My personal favorite is when he sang Let It Be from The Beatles. He also did Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines, imagine how the crowd went crazy when he shouts, "Do you wanna hug me?" Of course he performed his own hits like Everything To Me, Knee Deep in My Heart and About You. The last one is very good catchy song, I always love singing it out loud. He is such a good singer, I truly admire his angelic voice and he is such an underrated singer. Shane will be forever my favorite celebrity. I don't think anyone or anything will stop me from admiring him.

 

June 2014 at SM Megamall Atrium

Klarisse and Shane singng Flying Without Wings

Acoustic session. Here singing "Once".

His awesome band.







This is the best my phone camera can do :/




He kept his interaction with the audience.



Shane and his band at the end of the show

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...